I’m starting to make these blog posts after I can’t find help for a tedious problem (bug?). After spending hours figuring it out, I feel like a small blog post to save someone else’s time is the right thing to do. Now pay it forward!
This post is really a checklist:
- Make sure Enable SRTP is checked in the trunk settings.
- Make sure the port is set to 5061, and the protocol is TLS in the trunk settings.
- Make sure Use Encryption is checked on your VOIP portal (in this case VOIP.ms), under advanced (for every account you wish to use it for).
- Finally, the crux was ensuring that Enable TLS is checked under General > SIP on the PBX. This shouldn’t be necessary, but it seems to be a bug.
- And don’t forget to restart the PBX!